RV AC Units cause a huge surge in current when they start. This can cause some power systems, like generators or 30A pedestals, to fail. This device can fix that!
EASY TO INSTALL! You can even have a install phone calls to walk you through the install process in real time!
Now you can run your RV air conditioner(s) with minimal start-up power, even 2 units on a 30 amp pedestal! SoftStart RV is designed to connect directly to the compressor motor and reduce the power surge that occurs on startup. SoftStartRV™ gradually increases this power until the compressor is running, creating a very smooth start that reduces the peak current by 50 to 70% or more. An RV rooftop 16000 BTU, 120-volt compressor can now start with under 20 amps of current.
With SoftStart RV you can:
- Run two air conditioners on a 30 amp hookup
- Run one air conditioner using only a small portable generator
- Run one air conditioner on a 20 amp household hookup
- Run one or two air conditioners using your onboard inverter system
SoftStartRV is specially designed, engineered and tested for all RVs: Motorhomes, Fifth wheels, campers, travel trailers, toy haulers, truck campers, vans, and tiny trailers.
Other benefits include:
- No more “thumps” and “trailer shaking” in the quiet of the night as the compressor kicks in.
- Reduces and eliminates that clunking compressor start-up noise… Everyone sleeps cool, quiet and restful.
- Reduces startup power demand by an amazing 70%. It’s that good!
- Small at just 4.5”x3”x2.5” and weighs just under 2 pounds.